Last Updated OCTOBER 2023
Hand Hygiene Basics
Effective handwashing is a simple yet powerful measure to prevent the transmission of germs.
Follow these five essential steps:
1. Wet your hands with clean, running water (either warm or cold), apply soap, and turn off the tap.
2. Lather your hands thoroughly, including the backs, between your fingers, and under your nails.
3. Scrub your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds.
4. Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
5. Dry your hands with a clean towel or let them air dry.
In cases where soap and water are not readily available, opt for a hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
Why Paper Towels Preferred for Hand Drying
Paper towels are one of the most hygienic option for hand drying.Paper towels are critical to proper hand hygiene. It is likely that paper towels work better because they physically remove bacteria from the hands.
A study1 shows that 90 percent of the men and 91 percent of the women asked prefer using paper towels rather than electric hand dryers.1
Know more about hygienic way to dry your hands after washing. Click here